In less than 24 hours since the fire at The Connelly School, Company 10 has run another first due working fire. This time, crews were alerted to a reported house fire on MacDonald Drive, just up the road from The Connelly School off of Bradley Boulevard. Units arrived on scene and made sure the occupants (2 adults and 2 cats) were safely evacuated before they began attacking the fire, which had started in the bedroom. The incident required the assistance of multiple area companies to extinguish, and while the crews made their best efforts, the fire still caused significant damage to the home.
For more information on this fire, please see this article from WUSA9.
Once again, an automated fire protection system (in this case a simple fire alarm) was able to alert of a fire. In this case, the residents were home and had enough time to safely evacuate the house. This is yet again proof that SMOKE ALARMS SAVE LIVES. Make sure that you check your home smoke alarms monthly. If you need assistance installing or checking smoke alarms, or just have a question about fire safety, be sure to contact us – crews are on staff 24/7/365 and able to assist.